Stonefield Query Desktop Reporting Software
Stonefield Query Desktop Reporting Software from Stonefield Software Inc. is a self-service, ad hoc,
query and reporting solution that enables you to create and deliver business reports quickly and efficiently.
Stonefield Query work with virtually any data source, including Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, MySQL, Pervasive SQL, and many more.
After selecting a report from the list of available reports, you can select the sort order, enter filter conditions,
and specify where the output goes (printer, spreadsheet, screen preview, etc.).
In addition to running pre-defined reports, you can create your own reports in just minutes. Simply select
which fields to report on from the list of available fields (with meaningful descriptive names rather than cryptic
names and symbols), and you're done! You don't have to know complex stuff like joins; Stonefield Query takes care of that for you.
For finer control, you can customize how each field appears, including column heading, grouping, sorting, and totaling.
The easy-to-use filter dialog allows you to include or exclude specific records. Use the sort page to order the information
as you need it. Finally, save the report so you can edit it, copy it, or make it available to others to run.
Reports When You Need Them
Business users are frustrated by the time it takes for reports to be created by other people or departments. Stonefield Query
gives them the ability to create their own reports when they are needed, anytime, anywhere.
Stonefield Query removes the reporting roadblock or "IT Bottleneck" when organizations customize a reporting application
specifically for their data sources. All the technical information that's typically needed to create a report is built in and
stored in a data dictionary. Therefore, business users can focus on getting the answers they need without
needing to learn how to program a report or having to go back to IT for help.
Stonefield Query has the following features:
- Stonefield Query is a powerful query and reporting tool designed with the end-user in mind. Design reports in minutes, not hours or days.
- The simple wizard-based interface leads you step-by-step through the process of creating a report.
- Descriptive names are used for all fields and tables rather than cryptic database names. Descriptive operators such as "equals" and "greater than" appear instead of "=" and ">."
- Stonefield Query automatically handles complex joins between tables.
- When you create a report, you can specify whether other users can access the report or not.
- The Formula Editor allows you to define your own custom calculations to use in any report.
- Templates give your reports a common appearance, such as following corporate style guidelines.
- You can easily create labels, including mailing labels, product labels, or barcode labels, without worrying about field positioning or label dimensions. All common label sizes are built-in.
- You can drill down from a report to see details.
- The values button displays a list of all possible values for any field.
- You can control font, color, alignment, heading, and column width for each field, and easily sort or group on any field.
- The Advanced Report Designer allows you to lay out the report exactly as you want, including company logos, lines, boxes, etc.
- You can output to Microsoft Excel, PDF, comma-delimited, or other types of files. You can also email reports or upload them to FTP.
- Scheduling reports to run at any time you need is simple using the Schedule Wizard.
- You can import reports so you can use report layouts designed by other users or consultants. You can also export reports so you can share report layouts with other users.
- Displaying real table and field names may make it easier to locate the table or field you want if you’re familiar with these names.
View our online documentation to learn more.
- Any version of Microsoft Windows released after 2001: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2003,
Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows Terminal Server, Windows Small Business Server, Windows Essentials
Business Server (also works in Citrix environments)
- 512 MB minimum memory (more is better)
- 50 MB free hard disk space