Stonefield Software Inc. is pleased to announce the release of version 5.0 of the Stonefield Query SDK Web Version. This release has numerous new features.
– Stonefield Query has a new report type: gauge report. This allows you to create a gauge showing the current value of something compared to a target or goal value.
– You can now create a “grouping” formula. A grouping formula is a powerful tool that allows you to create filtered summary values. For example, suppose you want columns in a report that show the sales for last year and the current year-to-date for each customer. Those aren’t single values retrieved from the database. Instead, for the first column, use a grouping formula that sums up the sales records for each customer for last year, and use a similar one but for the current year for the second column.
– You can now password protect the file created when a report is output to file or email.
– You can now print to Dymo LabelWriter labels.
– The Schedule Report function is now available only to advanced users.
– A new output type is now available: Microsoft Excel – Full Format (*.xlsx), which creates Excel 2007 or later files. The former Microsoft Excel (*.xls) output type was renamed to Microsoft Excel 97-2003 – Full Format (*.xls) so you can tell them apart. The new type does not require Microsoft Excel to be installed to create the file.
– The “red” error dialog that appears when something goes wrong now has a Help button that brings up the help with information about that dialog.
– The Locations page in the Options dialog is now available only to administrative users.
-The Subscription Expired dialog, which appears when you have subscription licenses and your subscription has expired, now has a “Don’t remind me again” option; turn that option on to prevent the dialog from appearing again. Also, those licenses are now deactivated rather than being deleted, so if you renew your subscription, they are reactivated.
– One major new feature in Stonefield Query Studio: the new Find Possible Relations function makes it easier to create relationships between tables: it examines all tables, looking for field names in common as possible relationships.
Download a free trial version or try a live demo online at
About Stonefield Software Inc.
Stonefield Software Inc., the makers of the award-winning Stonefield Query, has been developing Business Intelligence database reporting solutions since 1991.
With the end-user in mind, Stonefield Query enables businesses to deliver end-user self-service ad hoc reporting to customers and/or internal users. Stonefield Query can report on virtually any database, including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Microsoft Access, Visual FoxPro, Pervasive, IBM DB2, MySQL, and more.
Stonefield has partnered with over 800 OEM and ISV partners to deliver BI reporting solutions to more than 225,000 users in over 65 countries globally to date. Our customers span all sectors and industries from: public to private, military to non-profits, Fortune 500 to SME’s